October 26, 2007

Rice Crispy Snacks

As a child I remember eating these sticky chewy treats and not really knowing what I was eating. As kids my friends and I loved them. They were also a big hit for school parties and such. Now I choose ones that are made with halal ingredients and it is hard to find. I decided to try and make my own. It was a bit chewier than I would have liked but it was good and my son loved it. Afiyet olsun!

3 c puffed rice
1 lg. bag marshmallow (halal) or 3 small bags
1/2 stick butter

First butter the sides of your glass pan. then in a large pan melt your butter on a low heat being careful not to burn it. Then slowly add your marshmallows and stir. Continue to stir until all melted. Then remove from heat and add your puffed rice. Stir and make sure to coat well. You must work quickly. Place in your pan and place a piece of parchment paper on top. Press down with your hands and make level. Cool and cut into squares. Afiyet olsun.

Mixture can be melted in microwave but I have not tried that way before.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,this is Sofrasenligi from Turkey. I found your website while surfing on the blogs. I could write in Turkish but I thought that most of your readers may not understand. I will try your rice Crispy Snacks recipe. It's interesting for me. I also have a blog (in Turkish)and I will be waiting your visit at www.sofrasenligi.com
Bye,
Sofra Şenliği